Saturday, January 28, 2017

PRAISE BE



Praise be upon those happy souls
who care about the elderly
and frail of limb.
Praise be.

Praise be upon the passerby
who trundles in my  trash container,
picks up the Daily News
and drops it by my door.

Praise be upon my Nisei friend
who thinks to buy me apples when she shops
and phones when at the pharmacy 
to learn my needs.

Praise be upon my pc doc
who stops in mid-commute
to check on me.
They don’t do house calls anymore, you know.

Praise be upon my relatives
who weekly check my empty shelves
then stock them full  from Ralphs,
Whole  Foods and Trader Joes.

Praise be upon my aging pals,
who bring by take-out lunches,
gab about how great it was to work in rocketry
and  swap our thoughts about a trip to Mars.

Praise be



-e hujsak

No comments:

Post a Comment