Friday, August 16, 2013

NASA'S SPACE LAUNCH SYSTEM

For the record, the following letter was sent to Charles Bolden, NASA Administrator.

Charles Bolden, Administrator
NASA Headquarters
300E. Street. SW
Washington, DC 20024-3210

Dear Dr. Bolden:

Although I am not an enthusiastic fan of the Space Launch System, preferring instead  an advancement to fully reusables, I wanted you to be aware of the origin of the SLS concept that features liquid fueled boosters.

In my 1992 book, THE FUTURE OF US ROCKETRY, on page 143, I present a configuration for a heavy lifter that  is very much the same as that being planned for the evolved version of the SLS.

I thought this bit of information would save some embarrassment, should someone else be credited with creating the conceptual design. 

Sincerely,


Edward Hujsak

No comments:

Post a Comment