Thursday, February 13, 2014

THE YEAR OF THE DAISY

I'm happy to report that my new book THE YEAR OF THE DAISY AND OTHER LOVE POEMS
is in print.... a limited edition of 500, all copies signed and numbered It will shortly be available on Amazon, but can be purchased directly from the publisher  Mina-Helwig Company, PO Box 1292, La Jolla, CA 92038-1292 ($29.95 ppd , check or m.o.).
The book is dedicated to "Two remarkable women" and is beautifully illustrated by my grandniece, artist Elizabeth Zaikowski (artofelizabethzaikowski.com).
I may have posted  the title poem before, but to repeat:

The Year of the Daisy

That was the year
That daisies all decided
to perform flawlessly,
To help humanity
Along its faltering way
Every one, its petals plucked
To rhythmic chants:
She loves me, she loves me not,
Would tell you that she loves you.
He loves me, he loves me not,
Would tell you that he loves you.

It was her favorite flower, you know.
Garlands framed the altar
Where we said our last good byes.

Now this lavender bloom,
Lifted from the roadside,
Has graced my table for a week.
Drawn into its lonely self at night,
It flares to fullness at daybreak,
atop a dime store, Ming inspired,
Thin-stem porcelain vase.
I pluck its petals one by one.
She loves me, she loves me not.
She loves me, she loves me not
.................She loves me






No comments:

Post a Comment